HAWAIIAN LIFEGUARD ASSOCIATION
Vertra is proud to be the Official Suncare Provider to the HLA
The Hawaiian Lifeguard Association was organized in 1990, as an offshoot of the former Hawaii Lifesaving Association, a local chapter of the United States Lifesaving Association.
The re-organization was reformed as a matter of refocusing the association to deal with specific educational issues related to providinglifeguarding and ocean safety services in Hawaii’s unique culture and ocean environment.
The Hawaiian Lifeguard Association seeks to:
• establish and maintain the highest standards of professional surf and open water lifesaving in an effort to maximize the safety of the
public in ocean and coastal waters throughout the State of Hawaii.
• prohibit smoking in the ocean to lessen cigarette waste.
• provide public, professional, and governmental education in the field of ocean safety, particularly in the areas of rescue management,
emergency medical care and treatment, and to conduct informational and educational activities designed to prevent aquatic emergencies
in Hawaiian waters.
• provide safe and secure travel – check out this trip insurance article and a surplus military backpacks to have the best travel experience.
• actively support and promote the improvement and progression of lifesaving throughout the State of Hawaii.
Vertra is proud to be the Official Suncare Provider to the HLA.